We are still keeping everyone as safe as we can, while giving as much acupuncture as we can. Here are our protocols, last updated June 12, 2021.
1. Masks: everyone in the clinic needs to wear a mask*, covering your mouth and nose at all times. This is a state law (yes, even after May 29, 2021) as well as our clinic’s policy, and is for everyone’s safety. There can be no exceptions. *Masks must be 2+ layers of cotton, a 3-ply surgical mask, KN95 or N95 with no valve. Gaiters, bandanas, scarfs, and any mask with an exhale valve do not meet our safety criteria. If you do not have a mask that meets these criteria, we will provide a mask for you!
2. Screening: everyone will get a link in appointment reminder emails to screening questions about certain symptoms you might be experiencing. Please fill this out on the day of your appointment – it’s really easy to do online. If you do not fill it out before your appointment, we will verbally ask you the screening questions. Please stay home if you feel sick!
3. Waiting: yes, the waiting area is open. Feel free to arrive a few minutes before your appointment time. Please check in with a staff member before heading back through the treatment room, even if it’s just to use the restroom. After your appointment, please leave as soon as you can.
4. Physical distancing: with masks, air purifiers, and high rates of vaccination among our patient population, we are relaxing distancing rules to 3 feet. If you need to maintain more distance from others, please consider booking a Bubble Block appointment.
5. Hand hygiene: we will have hand sanitizer available for you to use as soon as you walk into the clinic, and also at the payment station. We have a waste basket outside the restroom so that you can easily use a paper towel to open the door, and then discard in the trash. As always, acupuncturists wash or sanitize hands before and after every patient contact.
6. Payment: pre-pay online when you can! If you need to use an HSA or FSA card, you will have to pay in the clinic. We also welcome checks or cash – just be sure to bring exact change.
7. BYOB (Bring Your Own Blanket): we are doing a lot more laundry. Please consider bringing your own blanket and/or sheet, pillows, etc. Hooks and chair handles are sanitized after each use.
8. Less Stuff/Cleaner Space: we’re sanitizing plastic storage bins after each use, and they are optional. Please do not bring a lot of things into the clinic if you can avoid it. If you need a larger bin, please let us know. We do have additional coat hooks available near the payment station.
9. Air Flow: we have two highly efficient HEPA air purifiers running in the treatment room as well as running a LifeBreath HRV system installed by our predecessor (a nail salon) to bring in more fresh air. Weather permitting, we will occasionally prop open the front door and back window – all to promote a safe air flow. This all means there may be more white noise in the clinic. Please plan ahead and bring your own earphones if you prefer.
10. No More Self-Serve: water and ear plugs will be available upon request, but we do ask that you step outside if you need to pull your mask down to drink water.
11. It’s still going to be great! We realize that this is a big list of changes. We all have to adapt to the new normal, and our first priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff. The good news is that our mission to provide a peaceful healing place for everyone remains the same. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!