We are still keeping everyone as safe as we can, while giving as much acupuncture as we can. Here are our protocols, last updated Jan. 25, 2023.
1. Masks: everyone in the clinic is required to wear a WELL-FITTING mask*, covering your mouth and nose. Our clinic remains committed to the health of everyone in our community, including people who are immunocompromised or disabled. We require masks as an act of solidarity, care, and compassion. There can be no exceptions. *Masks must be either surgical, KN95, KF94 or N95 with NO valves. Cloth masks, masks with valves, bandanas, neck gaiters, scarves, and poorly fitting masks do not meet our safety criteria. (If you want to wear a cloth mask with a surgical mask over it, that’s fine!) If you do not have a mask that meets these criteria, we will provide a mask for you!
2. Screening: everyone will get a link in appointment reminder emails to screening questions about certain symptoms you might be experiencing. Please fill this out on the day of your appointment – it’s really easy to do online. If you do not fill it out before your appointment, we will verbally ask you the screening questions. Please stay home if you feel sick! (Click here for some more handy guidance on when to cancel your visit. And click here to find a COVID-19 testing site near you!)
3. Waiting: yes, the waiting area is open. Please arrive before your appointment time to use the restroom and get settled in. Please check in with a staff member before heading back through the treatment room, even if it’s just to use the restroom. After your appointment, please leave as soon as you can.
4. Physical distancing: with masks, air purifiers, and high rates of vaccination among our patient population, we are relaxing distancing rules to 3 feet. If you need to maintain more distance from others, please consider booking a Bubble Block appointment.
5. Hand hygiene: we will have hand sanitizer available for you to use as soon as you walk into the clinic, and also at the payment station. We have a waste basket outside the restroom so that you can easily use a paper towel to open the door, and then discard in the trash. As always, acupuncturists wash or sanitize hands before and after every patient contact.
6. Payment: you are welcome to pre-pay online! If you need to use an HSA or FSA card, you will have to pay in the clinic. We also welcome checks or cash – just be sure to bring exact change.
7. BYOB (Bring Your Own Blanket): we are doing a lot more laundry. Please consider bringing your own linens. We recommend a light throw and a small pillow or towel to hold up the blanket. Hooks and chair handles are sanitized after each use.
8. Less Stuff/Cleaner Space: we’re sanitizing plastic storage bins after each use, and they are optional. Please do not bring a lot of things into the clinic if you can avoid it. We do have additional coat hooks available near the payment station.
9. Air Flow: we have two highly efficient HEPA air purifiers running in the treatment room as well as running a LifeBreath HRV system installed by our predecessor (a nail salon) to bring in more fresh air. Weather permitting, we will occasionally prop open the front door and back window – all to promote a safe air flow. This all means there may be more white noise in the clinic. Please plan ahead and bring your own earphones if you prefer.
10. It’s still going to be great! We realize that everyone is tired of thinking about this kind of thing. Our first priority remains the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our mission to provide a peaceful healing space continues. We have provided community acupuncture for hundreds of people since 2020. And we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!