Acupuncture For Allergies
Hi everyone, Ren here with a PSA about acupuncture for seasonal and environmental allergies.
Personally, I used to be one of those people who could not go anywhere without a packet of tissues. Since I was a kid, my eyes would swell up and my nose would be stuffy at the slightest environmental allergen. It wasn’t until I started getting regular acupuncture in my twenties that I realized life could be different for me!
If you’re interested in having a better Spring (or Autumn) this year, try getting a series of acupuncture treatments in the season leading up to your worst allergic time.
Based on your exact symptom picture, your acupuncturist will recommend a treatment plan for you. Regular acupuncture treatment really can make a huge difference. Acupuncture also works great alongside other treatments, so it’s not like you need to give up your allergy meds cold turkey or anything.
But don’t take my word for it. Here are a few studies showing acupuncture’s effectiveness for allergic rhinitis (basically, seasonal and environmental allergies):
- Acupuncture in patients with allergic rhinitis from Annals of allergy, asthma & immunology
- Acupuncture for persistent allergic rhinitis from The Medical Journal of Australia
- Acupuncture in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis from Annals of internal medicine
- A multicenter, randomized, controlled trial testing the effects of acupuncture on allergic rhinitis in European journal of allergy and clinical immunology
- Acupuncture methods for allergic rhinitis: a systematic review and bayesian meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials in Chinese Medicine
Affordable acupuncture means you don’t have to suffer! Book an appointment today.
(If this will be your first visit, please note that we are doing tele-health intakes until further notice, so please make a tele-health intake appointment first! Our New Patient Process explainer is here.)