We are formally offering pre-paid Pay It Forward treatments for those who cannot afford to pay anything at all.
How will this work?
To donate a Pay It Forward Treatment, you can:
- Use your own pre-paid “5 for $85” package or any remaining gift certificates on your account – just email or call, and let us know that you would like your remaining treatments to be paid forward.
- Make a donation online and – after you hit the “donate” button – select “Pay It Forward” from the dropdown menu.
- Make an extra cash payment in the clinic, and write “Pay It Forward” on the envelope.
To receive a Pay It Forward Treatment, you can simply take a card down from the Pay It Forward wall near the payment station, write your name on the back, and place it in the payment box.
UPDATE April 21, 2019: congrats to UCFW workers on a tentative contract agreement with Stop & Shop! Our offer (details below) is extended one week, through April 28, 2019.
Boston Acupuncture Project offers free acupuncture treatments to all Stop & Shop workers currently on strike in our community and across New England. Workers on strike are welcome to up to 3 free treatments per week through May 1, 2019 (or until the strike ends, if that’s sooner)! Just show your Stop & Shop name badge or UFCW membership card.
While we can’t do much to help with the uncertainty of being on strike, we want to offer a concrete opportunity for stress relief (plus treatment for anxiety, trauma, pain, and many other health concerns) at a very stressful time!
If you or someone you know is a Stop & Shop worker on strike, just make an appointment by clicking here or stop by when we’re open.
For an overview of what’s going on, you can read this article about the Stop & Shop strike from Uprise RI (click to open).
Some ways to support Stop & Shop workers on strike:
1. do not shop at Stop & Shop grocery stores while the strike is happening
2. bring water and food to striking workers on the picket line at your local Stop & Shop
3. sign this petition to tell Stop & Shop to listen to worker demands: bit.ly/supportSSworkers
4. give to the fund for striking Stop & Shop workers in need: https://www.gofundme.com/supportstopandshopworkers